Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Mets Game

So I went to a Mets Game this week.



I figured, since this is the last year that they'll be in Shea Stadium before they tear it down, and since I have a new-found love of baseball, and since the Yankees were out of town, and since it was a Tuesday night, and since Maurice called and suggested it and it seemed like the thing to do... I might as well go.

Shea Stadium inside:

And out:

It was a good game. The first six innings were low-scoring and low action, then in the bottom of the 8th the Mets got on a roll and scored 5 runs. I spent most of the game trying to memorize all of the teams on the National and American leagues, based on their three letter acronyms on the scoreboard. For some reason the Houston Astros and the Florida Marlins gave me a hard time... probably because they aren't very memorable.



Anyhow, despite the fact that Shea is a beautiful venue, the game was good, the crowd was nice, and it was a generally pleasant experience... It just didn't have the same sparkle as a Yankees game. The Yankees have so much more mystique, so many legends, so much history, such better uniforms! I clapped for the Mets, but there was something missing.

My heart belongs to the Yankees.

3 comments:

Mel said...

ugh.


my heart is with the angels.

...traitor :p


just kidding bear, kind of...can't wait to see you tomorrow!
-mel

Lindsay said...

Sarah! I just came across your blog and have enjoyed reading your posts. I love the way you write. Living on the east coast totally rocks. I often wonder if T & I will ever make it back to California. So glad you are so happy and having such a wonderful time in Manhattan. Next time you come to Boston let me know! I'd love to see you.

Barge said...

Hey Sarah. Been looking at your Blog from afar. Your friend Michelle seems happy that you are including her in your postings. That's nice. But have you noticed how she is ALWAYS in the centre of the photo and you somehow have to manage to squeeze into the frame somewhere? Next time give her a bit of a nudge.