Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lifestyles of the Young and Fabulous

In the summertime, New Yorkers spend as much time as possible outdoors. I am told that this is a natural reaction after several dark months of winter hibernation. They flock to the grassy areas of Central Park, they eat lunch on benches in Madison Square, they flee to the "country" or the "beaches" on weekends.

And during the work week they gather on rooftop bars.

I am not a drinker. While I am a big fan of the Shirley Temple, the virgin mojito, the diet Coke on the rocks and the tonic and lime - alcohol is not on the menu. But let me tell you, rooftop bars are fabulous. They have fresh air, a fun crowd of the young and the fabulous, not to mention some of the best views in the city.



My particular favorite is called Barna, it's on the roof of the Hotel Giraffe at Park Avenue South and 27th. I discovered it several weeks ago, when my adorable friend Kristin (the cute blonde below) invited me to a birthday party there.



So Michelle and I went, met lots of interesting people and now I'm hooked on the "high" life. (I know, I know, that was about the cheesiest thing I've ever written, but it's late, and I'm not going to delete it, because I'm still giggling.)



Cheers!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i love it - we qualify as the young and the fabulous! if only i could be done with school and live that fabulous lifestyle permanently... it's coming soon.