Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Blender

There is a funky lookin' little theatre across the street from my office called The Blender. I've always wanted to go there, because it's funky, little, and across the street from my office.

So when I found out that a band I had actually heard of was playing there, I immediately recruited my musician friend to go concerting with me.

As it turned out, the band we actually went to see didn't play. Go figure. But the bands that did play weren't half bad, in fact they ranged from quite talented to down right entertaining. One of the bands even led the audience in a - get this - Punk Rock Congo Line. that's right, the base player jumped right off the stage and took a congo line of enthusiastic audience members on a little fieldtrip up and around the auditorium.

The band here is called Patent Pending, the originators of the Punk Rock Congo Line...


The venue itself was actually a rockin' little venue.

I'll be your office doesn't have rock concerts across the street.

No comments: