Friday, January 9, 2009

Rental Cat

I came home the week before Christmas to be greeted by Roommate Katie with a very sheepish look on her face. A very suspicious and sheepish look.

"What? What is it?"

"Well, I did something that you might not like."

"What is it?"

"I'm really sorry, because I should have asked you first, but I kind of had to make a decision quickly and..."

"Katie, what is it?"

"Well, I kind of have a cat in my room."

"..... Huh?"

"My friend is going out of town for a month and she asked me to look after her cat, and I could have left the cat over there, but I just thought it would be so much easier to keep her here so I don't have to go over there everyday, but if it bothers you guys, I can take her back and feed here over there, its no big deal...."

"Katie, relax. I like cats. Especially ones that I get to play with but don't have to take care of."


...Thus began the era of the Rental Cat. And technically we are babysitting, not renting the cat, but since the cat has some silly name like Trixie or Twinkle, I gave it a nick-name that seems to have stuck: Rent-a-Cat! And honestly, its great. Rent-A-Cat sleeps with me and cuddles up next to me when I'm sitting on my bed reading. She runs up and down the hall and makes the galloping noise before she skids into the doorway at the end of the hall... I find this endlessly amusing. All of this and I never have to feed it or clean the litter box. All of the perks with none of the hassle.

Rent-A-Cat. It's the new thing.

2 comments:

Heather and Aaron said...

Sara,

Could you send us your address at hhaws@live.com or leave it on our blog and we will delete it.

Thanks,

Aaron and Heather

P.S. Can you send Emily's Adress as well? Love Ya!

Judy said...

Hmmm.... WE have a cat that we'd be happy to "rent" to you if you have to give your current one back. We'll put her in a Fed-Ex box and send her on over.