Tuesday, June 2, 2009

If you can make it here...

... you can make it anywhere.

Or so the song says.

Today is June 2nd, which marks one year ago exactly that I moved to New York City. Such an occasion inevitably inspired me to reflect back on the last year, it's ups and downs, adventures and challenges, successes and failures... which led me to one overwhelming conclusion...

HOLY COW MY LIFE IS AMAZING.

I mean, it's really unbelievable how great my life is. Seriously.

I look at the cork board where I pin up tickets from all of the Broadway shows, museums, concerts, ballets, operas, and tours that I've been on this year. It's full.

I invite all of my closest friends to come over and eat pizza on my roof top. It's full.

I flip through the pages of my journal from the last year. It's full.

I skim through my hard drive looking at pictures. It's full.

In other words, my life here is so full and rich and dynamic and fascinating and challenging and interesting that its been one of the best years of my life. Clearly, my life has been blessed with fullness and joy beyond what I could reasonably take credit for. I am moved with gratitude to Heavenly Father for the blessings that pour out such that there is not room enough to receive them.

Thank you, my friends, for enriching my life. I am better because I came here, I'm better because I know you.

(The one year anniversary with celebrated with appropriate pomp and circumstances, pictures and details to follow...)

2 comments:

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Your optimism is contagious! It is really refreshing to be around somebody so happy and grateful. Loves!! :)

tmataitusi said...

Thrilled for your happiness. Especially glad to see credit appropriately given. The great choices have been yours; the great blessings have been His! Keep riding the wave and storing up all that great attitude and gratitude! We still miss you!