Monday, June 8, 2009

"I cheer for two teams...

...The Yankees and whoever beats the Red Sox. "

I saw that quote on a shirt at the stadium. Loved it.

Having chosen my side of the hometown rivalry last year (Who cheers for the Mets??), I was fully prepared this season to engage in the senseless frenzy that it means to be a die-hard Yankees fan.

With my new Johnny Damon jersey in hand (Thank you sister), I was eager to get out to the new Yankee Stadium and show off my pin-stripes.

#18, Johnny Damon!


When Niels saw my Yankees jersey, he decided he needed one too...


The new stadium doesn't have quite the nostalgia of the old stadium, but it ain't bad...


So technically, the Yankees lost this game to Tampa Bay, but Tampa Bay did win the World Series last year, so I was willing to cut our boys some slack.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

As long as you don't start "batting for the other team" I think this is totally OK. ;)