Monday, June 1, 2009

Quilting

Ok, I know I brag about my FHE group a whole big bunch... but they are just so darn cool and blog-worthy, I can't help it.

A couple of months ago we started choosing a theme for each month. And the theme for this month is "Create," from Elder Uchtdorf's talk "Happiness, Your Heritage," (link for full talk: http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-37,00.html) as illustrated in this YouTube montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhLlnq5yY7k.

So I asked Carolyn to be in charge of the activity this week, and we QUILTED! How fun is that! Our FHE group made a quilt together. She had a bunch of fabric squares left over from all of her fashion designing and crafts and such, and we cut up the squares and sewed them together. I'll take pictures of the finished product next week and post them.

See, to fully appreciate just how happy this made me, you have to understand that I have been wanting to quilt for FHE all year... I could just never had quite the means to pull it off.

So today I salute Carolyn, for allowing us to quilt for FHE.

Next week... origami!!!

No comments: