Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Los Dos Molinos

I was having lunch with Melissa today at our favorite spot and I thought... Why haven't I blogged about this place yet?!?!

So we're going to take care of that problem.

Los Dos Molinos is run by Giles... the heart-breakingly attractive owner/waiter/chef/bar tender, who handles the lunch crowd himself because it's always slow. Usually when Melissa and I go we have the place to ourselves, so we've gotten to know him. He doesn't even bother to give us menus anymore, he just asks if we'd like chicken on our taco salads today and remembers not to put cheese on mine. Gotta love a man who remembers to hold the cheese.

On the days when I order Diet Coke it comes in a margarita glass the size of a fishbowl. He always brings green and red salsa with the chips and it's always really spicy and really good.

The decor is decidedly southwestern, with elements ranging from Native American iconography, to Route 66, to aliens and Area 51, with a couple of cowboy boots lined up against the wall and some stetsons stapled to the ceiling.

And there is always country music playing. I love this fact. Not sure why. Maybe its because this is the only place I know of in the city that plays country music with out pretense or exaggeration.

If only I could eat taco salad everyday.

No comments: