Thursday, July 23, 2009

Macy's

I have an incredibly high tolerance for shopping. It is one of my favorite things to do.

The outlets at Cabazon could not overwhelm me, the outlets at Park City weren't even a challenge, Victoria Gardens is more like mild shopping amid the hedge rows.

Macy's in Herald Square, however, is truly a challenge to my capacity to shop. It's one part heavenly and two parts gauntlet. Venturing into the building takes courage, accessing all 8 floors takes stamina, and exiting in one piece requires an unquenchable will to survive.

It's fabulous.

If you ever brave the shopping jungle that is Macy's, I recommend that you bring the following: a two day supply of water and trail mix, a compass, a sherpa and a pack mule.

You'll thank you me when you make it out the other side.

1 comment:

Emily Haws said...

SHEERRRRRRPPPPAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

you know what else i think you need to accomplish this endeavor successfully- a wing man.