Monday, July 6, 2009

Yes, I'm 14

Tragic Kingdom is the first album I ever bought. So when Roommate Sarah asked if I wanted to go with her to see No Doubt in concert at Jones Beach, I hesitated only for a second. Because hey, they were my favorite band when I was 14. But then again, they were my favorite band when I was 14.

So you see my dilemma.

We had to take a subway, a train and a bus to get to the amphitheatre.. but it was SO very cool that I didn't really mind.
Check this out, the stage is actually IN the water...
So Paramore opened the show, which added to my nostalgic adolescent trip. And the Gwen and the boys did their thing. It was fun. Of course I had forgotten how many great songs No Doubt has. They have been really quite successful over the years.
What I really fell in love with, though, was the venue.
Concert + Beach = Awesome

4 comments:

Presidente y Hermana Haws said...

Ok this is way cool!! Wow what a venue and what a great experience to have. With friends and the nostalgia. Another amazing NY experience.
And the lists are great!!!

Emily Haws said...

Jealousy is the biggest understatement in the world right now. ps how much do you love that mom can blog comment now?

Ananth Chelladurai said...

Amazing venue, I wish I could be there...

Erin Carlstrom said...

BEAR- nick is taking me to see No Doubt next week!!! He bought me the tickets in March.... I love being 14!