Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Perks

There are some fun little perks to working for a very large company (like 86,000 employees large). Here are some that I've experience this week:

1) I had a meeting in one of our offices in Brooklyn yesterday. This particular office is off the beaten path and a little difficult to get to, so they ordered a car service for me. Black sedan from my front door to the office and back. Totally beats riding the subway.

2) Melissa signed up and got tickets to the Time Warner screening of "Nights in Rodanthe." So last night we got to see the flick for free in the private screening room on the 10th floor of the Time Warner Center on Columbus Circle. Totally beats paying $13 to see it at the AMC in Times Square.

3) You should have seen the view from the conference room at the office in Brooklyn. It's directly across the east river with a postcard perfect view of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler building. I would have taken a picture, but it would have been a little awkward. I'll be back there again, so maybe next time.

4) Conversations like this:

Boss: "When are you leaving for Utah?"

Me: "Tonight, my flight leaves JFK at 7:30"

Boss: "Oh, you're leaving tonight? Well go ahead and take off whenever you need to then. You want to leave around 3?"

Me: "I was thinking I should leave by 4... is that ok?"

Boss: "Of course! Have a good time."

... I'm just saying, I have a former employer who would have had an epileptic seizure if I had asked to leave at 4.


5) I'm kind of writing this blog post from my desk at work right now... no big deal.

Awesome.

No comments: