Monday, March 2, 2009

Roadtrip!

I miss driving. I miss driving soooooooo much.

I miss driving so much that a few weeks ago I woke up on a Saturday morning and decided to rent a car, just so I could drive it around for the day. 2 hours later, me and my little Focus were cruising down Broadway.

What does one do when one has a car for the day in NYC? I thought.

One calls up their best friend, takes a spontaneous roadtrip and leaves NYC of course!

I called Melissa.

"Hey, guess what I did?"

"I'm afraid to ask, but what?"

"I rented a car for the day."

"Ha, seriously?"

"Yep. Wanna go to Philadelphia?"

"Uh, now?"

"Whenever you're ready."

"See you in 20 mins."

"Awesome."

... And off we went.

While I waited for Melissa I took an accidental cruise over to Jersey via the Holland Tunnel...


I was soooooooo happy...


Ellis Island, from the Jersey side...


Then I picked up my navigator and off we went...


The open road. I periodically started giggling with joy every few minutes...


Philadelphia Skyline. Why Philly? Why not?


First stop, Liberty Bell...


While walking through old town, found the coolest building, with is surface covered in mosaics...


On my only other trip to Philadelphia, I had a client take me to this restaurant, which I loved. So we stopped there for dinner before heading back.
It was one of my best spontaneous adventures ever.
I heart roadtrips and friends who will take roadtrips with me on 20 mintues notice.
Oh, and did I mention I love driving?

2 comments:

B. Cook said...

Did you lick the liberty bell?

Michelle said...

so fun! if i lived there, you know this would be a regular occurrence.