Saturday, November 15, 2008

Management Dinner

So every year (maybe every quarter, I'm not clear on this yet), the IT department has a meeting with all of the Managers, Directors, VP's and Project Managers to talk about the projects for the past quarter and what the different groups have accomplished, and then to talk about what we'll be working on in the next quarter.

Afterwards, there is always an event of some kind, which is kept a secret until the meeting is over and we depart. One they had drinks at Chelsea Piers and then dinner on a boat as it went around Manhattan. This year however, we were taken to the Culinary Institute of Education, where we split into groups and we were instructed by Master Chefs as we made dinner together. this scene was complete with white aprons and white paper chefs hats.

I got a kick out of watching all of my work friends in such a different setting. Some people were clearly comfortable in front of the stove, while others stuck to whisking salad dressing or chopping vegetables instead.

Amir wasn't afraid to stir the chocolate sauce:


Mike, Mark and Melissa managed the brussel sprouts:


My boss Lawrence, chops some mean parsley:


I made dessert!:



Darn Melissa for being the only person on the planet who actually looks cute in those hats:


How many IT people does it take to make dinner?:


Cesar (our Sr. VP), Brooke, Melissa, Me, Mark (our VP):


After cooking, we enjoyed the fantastic food. I like my bosses, Lawrence and Mark, so I sat with them:



As the girls of the department, we like to stick together. Brooke, Melissa and Me: