Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Megan Gets Married

In the spirit of catch-up blogging, I am going back to cover some of the significant events of October, before I move on to more recent headlines.

Thus... In the second week of October I ventured west ward for the wedding of the Fabulous Miss Megan Whittaker. Landing in Salt Lake City, my sister Emily, who is a freshman at the University of Utah, picked me up at the airport and we got to spend the day together. We went walking, we got brunch, she showed around campus and some of her favorite urban art projects.

Here we are on the roof of the stunning Salk Lake City Library (it's a favorite of mine):



Em and I are pretty far apart in age, but as we get older its easier to relate and we continue to find that we have more and more in common. Plus, she's the funniest person to be born on this earth since Bill Cosby. It's kind of hard not to like her, even if you tried.

After Em, I got to hang with the incomparable Michelle Blood, who is no stranger to the posts of this blog. Fun times were had, as they always are... we got to spend a night at the cabin, and the cabin deserves its very own post, so we'll hold off on further detail there.

After the cabin with Michelle, I scurried back for Megan's rehersal dinner, which was held at the Roof Restaurant in the Joseph Smith Building, in downtown SLC. Unbelievable view:



Megan's niece Dylan knows what to do when someone pulls out a camera:



Tina Sparkle herself couldn't beat that.
And here are the headliners them selves! Mr. Colin Nesbit, groom. Miss Megan Whittaker, bride.
The wedding the next day was one of the most beautiful, most touching, most fun experiences I can remember in my friendship with Megan. She looked gorgeous and they looked blissful.
All in all, a perfect weekend.
I take that back... It snowed while I was there. It was very, very cold. I was not happy. Other than that... perfection.

No comments: