Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Philharmonic in the Park

Every summer the New York Philharmonic Orchestra plays on the great lawn in Central Park. It is a famous event, and I knew it would be popular, but I never imagined it would draw a crowd like this...



That picture was taken by the first set of speaker towers, there were two more sets of speaker towers, not to mention all of the people sitting beneath the trees along the edge. This is a seriously big deal.

To make things even more interesting, cell phone service is not to be had in the middle of the great lawn... so good luck finding your friends who went to save space early.

Luckily for me, Kristin came out and found me and led me back to the group. Gotta love that girl.



Hooray for New York in the summertime.

1 comment:

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

What a fun night that was! WE look great! Love you!