Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ribbit

Any time I take a cab up Central Park West we drive past the American Museum of Natural History, made famous by Ben Stiller, Teddy Roosevelt and that cheeky little monkey.

Aside from being HUGE, and a generally rad place to visit, they also have special exhibits to tantalize a return visit from the every-day New Yorker. One of these exhibits that caught my eye was the frogs... which I am told are back by popular demand.

This is an exhibit of live frogs in little aquariums with accompanying explanations about where they are from and what they eat and how the little gold ones can kill you just by looking at them. Seriously.

So, like usual, I shanghai'd Kheaven into going with me to see the frogs. There were many Bud-Wise-Er jokes thrown about. And it was awesome.

Why is it that they pretty ones are the most poisonous?


Isn't he cute?


These ones had really sticky fingers...


I got a huge kick out of these funky looking 'Monkey Frogs"...
AND, down stairs where I had never been before I discovered this room which houses a GINORMOUS replica of a Blue Whale...


GINORMOUS.

1 comment:

Erin Carlstrom said...

"Why are the pretty ones the most poisonous?" Really? You have to ask? :-)