Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jersey Boys

If there was one show that I've wanted to see on Broadway, its been Jersey Boys.

But it happens to be one of the most popular shows in the City and tickets are difficult to come by and ridiculously expensive when they do... So when I got a call from Andrea saying she had two free tickets to Jersey Boys that night and did I want to go...

Um, YES!?

Heather Ferguson, in my ward, is IN Jersey Boys and has been since it opened on Broadway. She never gets reduced tickets, let alone free tickets, but the planets aligned, and she had extra tickets and Andrea heard about it, and we got them.

The show was awesome. Heather was great. And those songs will get in your head and stay stuck there until you pry them out with a crow-bar... but you won't want to because they are so much fun. See, Jersey Boys is the story of Franky Valli and the Four Seasons, (Sherry Baby, Walk Like a Man, Can't Take My Eyes Off of You...) singers of some of the catchiest music of all time.

Oh, and afterwards... Heather met us at the stage door and we got to go back stage. BACKSTAGE. I got to stand on a Broadway stage.

How cool is that?! I know, I know, I'm totally geeking out here. But seriously. Who gets to do that? It's like Heavenly Father is up there saying, "Ok, let's make all of your dreams come true."

Thank you Heather. Thank you Andrea. Thank you very much.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Amazing!!! I'm so happy for you! (even if you are leaving us for California.)

Presidente y Hermana Haws said...

Ok yeah, you have the most incredible experiences. I am so jealous, except I get to live vicariously through them. So it is ok. Love it!
Love the Teapot!!!!