Thursday, September 3, 2009

Such Sweet Sorrow

I'm moving back to California.

I love New York, and I've been really, really happy here. But I also feel like I've accomplished what I came here to do, and its time to move on to the next step in my life... I'm just surprised that the next step is back on the West Coast. I really thought I was here to stay. But that shows what I know about the direction of my life. I'm happier when I relinquish control to the supernal and magnanimous higher power anyhow, so I'm not fighting it.

California feels like home, but New York has shaped who I've become. I hope the change has been for the better. I think that it has.

I have discovered yet again that change is difficult. Even when you want it, even when you're ready for it... change is difficult. I am literally aching to move on, to feel like I'm progressing towards something, but I can feel my heart bruising as I try to pry it from the grip of the City and the people here that I've fallen in love with.

I have been very very happy here.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It's been very happy having you here...especially on the other side of my wall! :)
However, I'm so happy for you going to live out your vocational dreams in CA and definitely think this was a fateful stop along the way in getting you there (or rather back there).
You'll be missed deeply, but I have a feeling this will not be the last we see of you in NYC. :)
XOXO

Judy said...

New York's loss; California's gain. Welcome back!

Mel said...

I must say I agree with Judy.

Except I would edit it thus: The entire population of New York's loss....MY gain!! Hehe.

<333