Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The City Girls

A few weeks ago, at that Thievery Corporation concert in the park... I met the lovely Loretta and Whitnee, we totally hit it off and instantly decided that we're friends. Loretta is from Pasadena and Whitnee is from Delaware, they both work for a real estate development firm here in Manhattan. More than that, they are witty, stylish, fun and interesting.

We were finally able to make plans to meet for dinner last night, and since my gorgeous friend Kristin also fits that description, I invited her as well.

So the four of us convened at an awesome little Thai place in the east village, and chatted non-stop for an hour and half about life in New York: restaurants, venues, shows, bars, shopping, work, commuting, work, subways, parks, dating, not dating, shoes, fashion, and the various hilarities that inevitably occur when all of these things collide in the glorious mess that is Manhattan.

Needless to say, it was a great time. One of my favorite moments is when we first walked into the restaurant and I happened to look down and see that we were all wearing flip flops with our business slacks and pencil skirts. Another iconic moment. My other favorite moment was when we left and were walking down St. Marks Place towards the subway all four in a row. It looked like a Sex and the City movie poster... but better, because it was real and I was in it instead of walking past it.

We all agreed that we'll have to get together regularly and hit up different hot spots in different parts of the city.

I found my city girls.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Yay!

This puts a smile on my face for so many reasons. :)