Monday, July 7, 2008

Curiosities

1) The fire hydrant on my street is always broken and spraying a wall of water across the pavement. On the handful of times that I've taken a cab home, the driver always looks back at me before driving through with a look that says, "Do I have to?" I always smile and say, "Down to the corner please."

2) Last Saturday, I got called a minority for the first time in my life... and I think that's hilarious.

3) A movie ticket in New York is upwards of $12. Except on Saturday mornings! The first and sometimes second showing of the day is a super bargain matinee of $6... Thus inspiring a little tradition that we like to call, "Brunch and a Movie."

4) One slice of New York pizza could take out an entire army of California pizzas in a fight. The slices are huge, which is why they must be eaten folded in half. My local pizza guy (110/Columbus) has met me once and calls me "doll."

5) Pinkberry makes me happy, but I still miss Golden Spoon.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Speaking of curiosities, I'm curious about your latest adventures! What amazing things have you discovered in the last week?

Mel said...

Yay for minorities! haha...love it.

Miss you Bear! And I'm going to come visit just so I can eat folded-in-half NY pizza, and cool off in your fire hydrant shower...who needs a water park?

:)

Presidente y Hermana Haws said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Presidente y Hermana Haws said...

I'm glad to hear that New York doesn't beat California in every way. They may have the pizza, but we have the sunshine! :)

We think of you everytime we go to Golden Spoon...which is way too often.

Love ya,
Mom