Sunday, July 27, 2008

Italifornia takes Manhattan

For those of you who don't know me well, it may come as a shock to learn that I have my own country. Well, half of my own country.

One night in college, my long time roommate and best friend, Michelle, and I were bemoaning the evils of late Spring in Provo, Utah. The month of March, we decided, was entirely unneccesary; and therefore the only reasonable thing to do was to start our own country, change the calendar, and do away with the month of March.

So we did, and we called it, Italifornia.

But of course, we didn't stop there. We designed a flag, created several new holidays, wrote a pledge of allegiance, designated our national anthem, royal colors, royal food, official flower, system of government, and an official plan for colonizing the rest of the apartments in our building with the cunning use of flags.

Today Italifornia has colonies in Brazil, all of Europe, Belize, California, and Las Vegas, with plans to continue expansion throughout the East Cost. One of my directives in coming to New York was to established our first colony on the East Coast.

On Thursday, my co-Empress joined me in Manhattan to begin our official tour of the colony, and of course, we began in Times Square:



Me in the middle of our newest colony...


The colonizing will continue and adventures abound.
If you'd like to join our tyrannical dictatorship, leave a comment and I'll send you the citizenship papers.


5 comments:

Heather and Aaron said...

You know, it doesn't surprise me, Sara, that you have your own country. I know that you and Michelle had great times in Provo. By the way, I do want citizenship papers and want to start a Pocatello expansion of Italifornia. Email me, hawsaaro@isu.edu. By the way, I have three things to tell you which only you will understand: Salami and Cheese, Snoopy Lunch Boxes, and Dancing on the Rocks!!! :-) By the way, I was at the cabin last weekend. Can we say "Welch", "Vinegar Soda" and "Salty Snickerdoodles?" - Ah, the days of Barbie/Pony forts under the pool table!! (I can't believe I admitted THAT in public!) Good times!!

-Aaron

Mel said...

As your Sergeant at Arms, I am holding down the Southern California colony, and will inform you in the future as my travels hopefully expand someday and new colonies will pop up all over the globe.

I LOVE LOVE LOVED reading this blog :) miss you bear!

-Mel

P.S. And let me just say how much I also loved the Poindexter's comment...good times :)

Sarah said...

You look SO cute in that outfit, YOW!!!!

Rachael Hutchings said...

Sigh, if I had only known about this sooner, I could have established a colony for you in Tokyo!

Michelle said...

we, WE are amazing! love you!