Monday, June 16, 2008

The BIG Gamble

I started my job today. And I came up with this analogy...

Accepting a job offer after one interview, is like accepting a marriage proposal after one date. It doesn't mean it won't work out, it just means you're taking a really big gamble.

It's still too soon to tell if the gamble will pay off, but I'm an optimistic sort of person. I like my boss, I like the culture and the environment, and I think I like my role in the whole thing. I was feeling a little iffy about it all until my boss said to me this afternoon, "The way I see it, socializing is part of the job. You're a relationship builder. And socializing is building those relationships."

This might work out after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's more like a potato.

Alon said...

and what a social butterfly you are! never doing any REAL work. just hanging out all day...

wait...

that's me! nevermind...