Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Got Off The Island

Pardon the cheesy "Lost" reference, but I couldn't resist.

Today, I played tourist one last time and took a three hour Circle Line boat tour around Manhattan island. It was fun to see my city from the water, plus it yielded some fantastic pictures.

First, one to prove that I'm really here:



Skyline...



Ellis Island...



Lady Liberty...



Brooklyn Bridge...



Yankee Stadium...


Also today, I installed my air conditioner... Did you get that? INSTALLED... as in, with actual tools and heavy lifting, all by myself.. my air conditioner. I feel very handy and somewhat proud of myself. I am also very happy because this means that I will no longer be subjected to the whims of New York's very temperamental weather.
I was so excited, that I almost took a picture of the air conditioner in its fully-installed state to post on the blog. But then I really would be one of those weird crazy bloggers who thinks that their audience (if they have one) actually cares about their air conditioner, and having already spent to paragraphs on it, I draw the line at pictures.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ooooo, that boat ride is definitely on my to-do list. Only 6 weeks till I'm there! And I'm glad to know that I'll be spending my time in air conditioned style :)