Thursday, June 5, 2008

New York, New York

Before I arrived here on June 2nd, I spent some time brushing up on my NY cliches... This was accomplished by creating a "New York" playlist on itunes and playing it on repeat for a week while I packed.

This course of study, along with recommendations from former New Yorkers themselves, yielded a lengthy "to-do list" of "Classic New York" experiences that I absolutely HAD to have.

So far from the list I have accomplished:

1) Talking to the squirrels in Central Park (it's from a Wiggles song, I blame Michelle) - check.
2) Late night cab ride - check.
3) Drool over all the great shopping - check
4) Tragically come to grips with the reality that I can't buy anything because my rent in Manhattan is equal to the operating budget of a small country - CHECK.

Still to come:
1) Broadway Shows
2) Free concerts in the Park
3) Mermaid Parade
4) Pizza and Hot Dog stands
5) Many many more...

Things I've experienced that I did not anticipate:
1) Having cocktails (and by cocktails, I mean I had sparkling water and they had white wine) with half the PR department from Conde Nast publications and Glamour magazine.
2) Repeatedly beating three boys with engineering degrees at Connect Four.
3) Conducting a phone interview with a headhunter for Time Warner from a dressing room at Banana Republic. (Yes, I got the interview).
4) Making a new friend over dinner at Cafe Lalo (made famous in "You've Got Mail").

More adventures await, stay tuned...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What the blog?! Ok, I admit, it's funny. And I can keep up with things. Like who knew you had an interview with Time Warner?! Definitely have to hear more about that one. Call me soon! You, you are amazing!