Saturday, June 14, 2008

Borough Bingo

Last night I checked off #2 of 5 in Borough Bingo by hanging out in Brooklyn for the first time.

We drove across the beautiful and historic Brooklyn Bridge and then went down by the river to check out the view. Down on the boardwalk they had this amazing "telescope" thing that showed Tower Bridge in London... You could see the people walking around on the banks of the Thames and they could see you, it was a trip! But very cool.

So the five boroughs of New York City are:
1) Manhattan
2) Brooklyn
3) Queens
4) Bronx
5) Staten Island

As I understand it, you are not a true New Yorker until you have been to all of the boroughs at least once. So, I live in Manhattan, check. I just had dinner in Brooklyn, check. My friend Maurice lives in Queens, so I'll get there eventually. Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx, and we're going to a game next week. And for work, I maybe traveling a bit and one of the places they'll be sending me is Staten Island.

I will conquer them all.

No comments: