Thursday, September 25, 2008

Goodbye Shea, Hello Delgado

Just to be clear, I am first and foremost, a Yankees fan. However, I am also becoming a loyal New Yorker, and if the Mets are up against anyone but my beloved, pin-striped ball players, I'll cheer for the Metropolitans.

So, this being the last week the Mets will play in Shea stadium and all, some friends of mine thought it appropriate to attend their game against the Cubs on Wednesday. Specifically, these friends:
Channing:

Kyle:


Ashley:


Melissa:



Yes, Kyle made us all balloon hats, and yes the guy behind us was totally drunk and obnoxious:


It was a good game. Delgado hit a Grand Slam (Home Run with bases loaded) in the bottom of the 3rd inning, which put us ahead, but the Cubs caught up and after a some close calls they went into a 10th inning in which the Cubs scored three runs and ended it. There were some truly great moments when the entire crowd was on their feet, and I thought I'd lose my voice. Who knew baseball was so much fun?
Goodbye Shea! :
On the bright side, they'll be auctioning off pieces of the stadium for baseball collecting enthusiasts. That's right, you can have your very own little piece of Shea - the only question is, where would you put it?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i'm so proud! you're becoming a real sports fan! who knew it would take new york to do that?