Thursday, September 25, 2008

I love the 80's

I have a hot pink t-shirt that reads: "Love is a Battlefield," which I can seldom find occasion to wear. Last Friday, however was the perfect occasion - a concert by an awesome 80's cover band called "Tainted Love" at the BB King Lounge in Times Square.

Sarah, Amy, Craig, Jeremy, Melissa and I lined up with the neon-and-sweatband-bedecked masses outside the venue. It was so bright from all of the lights that it felt like the middle of the day, rather than 11 o'clock at night. Once inside we lined up right in front of the stage - I'm talking front and center. The crowd filled in, and the band kicked off two hours of all the stuff you just love to sing along with: Pat Benatar, Def Leppard, Journey, Van Halen, The Police, Brian Adams, Guns'n'Roses - just as much poppy, sing-along, hair band music as you can possibly stand.

The band:


The set list:


The Sarah, the Sara and the Melissa:


The Amy and the boy (?):


The Roommates:


The Craig and the hair flippin' good times:


Too much Bon Jovi? No such thing.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

you are officially having way too much fun without me. not legal!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I have only one thing to say. DANCING ON THE ROCKS!! :-)

tmataitusi said...

The 80's! Those were the days! Music you can still sing and dance to! You are an old soul, aren't you!