Thursday, September 4, 2008

Home Sweet California

Have I mentioned lately that I'm really close to my family? In fact, being so far away from them is the number one downside to living in New York. And yes, that tops the rats in the street on trash day, as in, I would rather double the rat population in my neighborhood that be this far from my family, but since I don't exactly have the option, I subsist on once, twice... ok thrice... weekly calls with the coolest people I know.

So needless to say, when I had the opportunity to go home and visit the fam over Labor Day weekend, I jumped all over that with out a second thought. Time change? Red eye? 4 hour flight? No problem.


And of course, the weekend was perfect. My brothers tackled me with hugs in the airport terminal, my dad and I talked about work and life in New York City (he gives really good advice by the way, in case you're ever in need of any), my sisters and I talked the way that only sisters can, and my mom and I talked about everything. To top it off, I got the meet the new family dog, Charlie, who is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.



Can you deny it? I didn't think so.

It was a perfect weekend. I laughed until my sides hurt, I got to see Seth's new braces and balk at how TALL Sam is getting. I went to a real California beach and got a great tan. I visited the famous and beloved Gourmet Pizza Shoppe for my fix of Malibu Magic pizza. And best of all I got to be home with the people that make up the best part of my world.

I love being a Haws.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

your puppy is adorable!